Mitcham Road History Talk 2:00 pm
Mitcham Road History Talk
May 25 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
We are happy to announce the return of our regular talks and presentations at the Furzedown Project. This session will give a history of Mitcham Lane, delivered by local historian from the Streatham Society. As[...]
On Friday 10th June we will have a special ‘Wellness Day’ with lots of activities & workshops plus a disco party with DJ Shadow Sister – open to all the community.
Find out more about us, our activities & volunteering – tell your friends & save the date!
A special Wellbeing Day on Friday June 10th
We aim to have a variety of workshops and events that address people’s emotional and physical wellbeing. We also hope this event will act as an open day, introducing new people to the work of the Project, and welcoming back familiar faces.
The current planned schedule includes;
- A workshop led by the charity Mind on supporting emotional wellbeing
- Osteopath team showcasing their work
- Meditation/Tai Chi
- Hypno skills- A set of skills to improve mental wellbeing and reduce anxiety
- An overview of the work of the Project, and upcoming projects
- Developing a new service looking to offer support to Grandparents
- A series of presentations on addressing physical health concerns
- An evening disco party with a DJ, drinks and nibbles!!
We will be asking people to book each event they would look to attend and would ask for a £2 contribution similar to our other events. Our evening disco will act as a fundraiser, and we will be asking people to contribute £10 for this session. We can also offer a ticket for the whole day/concessions for those who are interested.
The Project Book Group is on theFourth Thursday of the month at 10.30am
Led by Caroline Mitchell from Tooting Library, books are provided