Chair-based exercise is a seated session focussing on lower body strength.
It aims to:
- Provide a qualified instructor
- A friendly, informal and small group
- Help people build up their activity levels
- Exercise without putting unwanted strain on hips, legs or arms
- Be supported and helped to move on to the next level of exercise if appropriate
Instructor Sandra Shaw
Sandra Shaw, Clinical Exercise Specialist has gained extensive teaching and exercise delivery experience in London teaching hospitals- within a rehabilitation setting and the community. The focus of her work has been Bone Health, Stroke and Cardiac Rehabilitation.
The class is held at The Furzedown Project.
Every Thursday morning for forty five minutes between 11am and 11.45 am
Project members pay £2 (two pounds) per session. Paid weekly.
Transport is available and costs £1 return.