Exercise Therapy classes are an evidence based approach for people with a wide range of issues including high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, osteoporosis, mobility and balance problems, depression and cardiac conditions.
It aims to:
- Provide a qualified instructor
- A friendly, informal group
- The class focusses on strength work for the key fracture sites
- Excercises to improve balance
- Optional floor work
Instructor Sandra Shaw
Sandra Shaw, Clinical Exercise Specialist, has gained extensive teaching and exercise delivery experience in London teaching hospitals- within a rehabilitation setting and the community. The focus of her work has been Bone Health, Stroke and Cardiac Rehabilitation.
The class is held at The Furzedown Project.
There are several classes held at Furzedown Project.
- One on Monday morning for forty five minutes between 11am and 11.45 am (no transport available)
- One on Thursday morning for 45 minutes between 9.30 to 10.15am (no transport available)
- One on Thursday morning for 45 minutes between 10.15 and 11am Transport is available)
Project members pay £2 per session. Paid weekly.
Transport is available for Thursday 10.15am class only, and costs £1 return.