Ivengar yoga is a very ancient form of exercise which stretches the body and quietens the mind, creates a feeling of wellbeing and helps to keep the whole body as healthy as possible.
The primary aims of this class are to:
- help maintain a healthy body
- exercising to ease tense and painful joints and muscles
- to tone up internal organs
- to improve flexibility of joints and ligaments
- to learn to improve breathing and relaxation
Teacher Gwen Race
Gwen is a very experienced and qualified (since 1984) Iyengar teacher. She has worked in many Adult Education Centres with all ages, and brings her experience and extensive knowledge of Yoga principles to great effect for this class.
The class is held at The Furzedown Project.
Every Tuesday morning for one hour between 9.30 and 10.30
Every Tuesday morning for one hour between 11.00 and 12.00
Project members pay £2 (two pounds) per session. Paid per term in advance.
Transport is not provided specifically for this class.