Exercise Therapy classes are an evidence based approach for people with a wide range of issues including high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, osteoporosis, mobility and balance problems, depression and cardiac conditions.
It aims to:
- Provide a qualified instructor
- A friendly, informal group
- The class focusses on strength work for the key fracture sites
- Excercises to improve balance
- Optional floor work
Instructor Sandra Shaw
Sandra Shaw, Clinical Exercise Specialist, has gained extensive teaching and exercise delivery experience in London teaching hospitals- within a rehabilitation setting and the community. The focus of her work has been Bone Health, Stroke and Cardiac Rehabilitation.
The classes are held at Furzedown Project
There are several classes:
- One on Thursday morning for forty five minutes between 9.30am -10.15 am Advanced falls prevention class.
- One on Thursday morning for 45 minutes between 10.30-11.15am. Advanced falls prevention class.
- One on Thursday morning for 45 minutes between 11.30-12.15pm. Intermediate falls prevention class.
Project members pay £5 per session. Paid weekly.
Transport is not available.