Our Board of Trustees
Our centre is run by a Board of Trustees, whose responsibility it is to ensure the strategic running of the centre, to support the staff in their work, and to ensure Furzedown Project is a place where older people feel they want to be.
Every year at our AGM, we appoint our board of trustees for the coming year. The trustees meet seven times a year, and support the decision-making of the centre. If you feel you would make a good trustee, you may approach the manager of the centre, or the chair or vice-chair of trustees.
Each year our Board of Trustees hold our Annual General Meeting to show the work we have been doing over the year.
You may like to read our current report Here.
The Board is aided by five sub-committes:
Aims: As we are constantly being monitored by the Council and all the funding bodies that we receive financial support/grants from, it is essential
• to provide valid information about the running of the Project
• to refresh or update existing policies and procedures ie; Health and Safety: Access: Equal Opportunities: Quality Control: Training: etc.
• To review staffing issues ie; pay and conditions, performance related pay, retention; professional development; job descriptions; annual leave etc.
• Continue traditional project fundraising events ie; Christmas and Easter Fayres, Plant Sales, Bric-a-Brac Sales, Raffles,
• Continue involvement with local community events ie; Furzedown Festival Big Day Out, Christmas Market
• Develop other ties with the local community ie; presence at School’s or Church’s events.
• Investigate other forms of fundraising ie; Car-boot sales, ‘bonus ball’, ‘art sale’ ebay sales, recipe book, evening meal and any other suggestions.
• Explore donation giving, through ‘friends of’ project’ approach, ‘will’ giving etc
Talks and Activities Sub-Committee:
• To organise interesting and stimulating ‘talks’
• Target to have three talks per year
• To maintain and develop the Project’s website
• To use current methods of communication ie Facebook, Twitter etc
• To produce printed assets to promote activities in The Project, volunteering and it’s outreach work
• To provide refreshments for the AGM and Christmas Party